miercuri, 10 februarie 2010

Bucharest by Night Ep. 1 - Hungry like the wolf



As I look out of my window and I see the big snowflakes dancing as hot girls in the night, around a fire, on a faraway land full of dangerous and poisonous flowers, I get hungry like Duran Duran is singing.

For all you out there looking for a sensual bite, I will reveal some of my experiences, worthy of sleep deprivation - and I am indeed a big sleeper as I was born sleepy.

Foreigner or local, Calea Victoriei is one of the most important roads in Bucharest, the first actually. You do not have to walk a long distance from the metro station in Piata Victoriei, near the infamous building of the anti-government, to run into some interesting places. Across the street from an office-building, where you can find a Hugo Boss store, on the left side of the road you will encounter two special places, special as in stomach, mind and soul.

The first one it is called Omnivore's Dilemma and it is just next to Cioggolateria Venchi, so it is like yin and yang. Both are tiny and cosy, real insiders hideouts, so if you want to meet quality people, this is it, at least for a good start of the night.



Real soul food can be found at the Omnivore's Dilemma, from sandwiches to carrot cakes, and everything is right. Root beer or boiled wine and you will see again that life is so beautiful...

Do not be afraid of the small space inside, if you are not sitting at the bar, you can look into the eyes of your beloved ones at the two tables in the back. Young and beautiful people all the time, sometimes if you are lucky you can experience the coolest artist and town performing live, and that is the phenomenal trio Karpov / Kasparov. More to come about their fantastic performance and chemistry, stay tuned.

After a good start, we can have some delicatessen. Chocolate, as addictive as it is, but can you stop? Hahahaha, I knowwww (like Craig Ferguson is always saying and I do believe he is the greatest showman nowadays). You will find the sweetest perfection here, with a great deal of types of legal sweets to choose from. She will be impressed, he will be happy and the night will be one to remember. Cioggolateria Venchi, pass the word. More refined and stylish than the Chocolat Bucharest chain, for the real connoisseurs.

Now all I need is the perfect club. I will tell you about the perfect club in my hometown. But I won't tell you where it is. Somethings must remain a secret. Private stuff.

Bon appetit!


In the photos: Karpov Kasparov @ Omnivore's Dilemma

Un comentariu:

  1. the big snowflakes dancing as hot girls in the night.... - nice comparing)

    I know this str. Calea Victoriei is a main str of Bucharest, and while i was there lots of cafes were situated there)
    Well by the way Bucharest is a place of fashion and stylish cafes, and the soul of it flies there in the sweet and at the same time bitter air)

    RăspundețiȘtergere